Click Houseguest Pic for Profiles / Interviews / Comments
Alison Amanda Dana David Erika Jack Jee Jun Justin
Michelle Nathan Robert Scott
Watch Big Brother 4 Click the logo and enjoy Big Brother 4 - All Episodes

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Jack Owens












FAVORITES

Film: Pulp Fiction
TV show: NYPD Blue
Actor: Tom Hanks
Actress: Diane Lane
Band: Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band
Hobbies: Writing, photography
Scents: Ocean, sycamore trees
Flowers: Orchids, roses
Board Games: Monopoly
Video Games: Don't play them
Sports to Play: Raquetball
Sports Teams: University of Alabama Crimson Tide football
Outdoor Activities: Travel, biking
Music: Rock, oldies
Magazines: Time, Atlantic Monthly
Books/Authors: History, biography, John Le Carré
Cereals: Total, Wheaties
Fruits: Apples, grapes
Snack Foods: Pretzels, peanuts
Cookies: Oatmeal
Candy Bars: Zero, Fig Newtons
Alcoholic Drinks: Beer, Champagne
Non-Alcoholic: Gatorade, Coke



Q&A

· What is your motto?
Family first 
· What three adjectives best describe you?
Witty, confident, outgoing 
· Who is your personal hero?
John F. Kennedy 
· Why did you want to be on BIG BROTHER?
Play a great game for money 
· What strengths do you bring to BIG BROTHER?
Friendly and experience with people 
· What weaknesses do you bring to BIG BROTHER?
I give people the benefit of the doubt. 
· What comfort item from home will you miss the most?
My Miata 
· What type of news from the outside world will you miss the most?
Terrorism 
· Do you tend to perform better in physical or mental competitions?
Mental 
· How do you plan to win BIG BROTHER?
Strong alliances and be non-threatening 
· What is your biggest fear as you begin BIG BROTHER?
Being voted out first because I was an FBI agent



PARTING WORDS

What was your reaction when you got evicted?
I was surprised and stunned that I was evicted; I really thought I was going to stay. Robert and Jee had given me assurances, the most assurance you can get in the House, that I was going to stay. I thought they could control their votes. They wanted to evict Erika, and have me stay. I didn't want to have Erika evicted, but I wanted to stay. I was surprised and shocked--I really wanted to stay! I thought I was doing well, then the last two days, I began to get uneasy. Alison and Jun were running around the House, and I didn't know how the vote was going to go. 

What did you think when you saw all the exes at the beginning of the show? 
The HouseGuests were in there, the original eight, a couple of hours before things started to fall apart emotionally. Five of the eight realized they had exes coming in, and they didn't like it! Since I didn't have an ex coming in, I was thinking, "Isn't this a real kick! Won't this be fun!" 

Did you think it was an advantage not to have an ex in the House?
I thought it was an advantage for me not to have an ex. For those who did have exes there, they initially didn't like it, but then they would get together and talk and iron things out. I know Jee and Jun helped each other a lot, more so I think than any of the other exes. I am just glad I was in there on my own, without someone who knew too much about me. I could wheel and deal and feel free about it. It was an advantage for me. 

What was the most difficult aspect of being on BIG BROTHER?
Psychologically, the long periods where we did not do anything. We wanted to compete--I was with a very young, young group, so it was difficult for me to adjust my strategy to fit the energy of the House. There was a 19 year old, there were a bunch of 20 year olds in there that were all great atheletes. They were gym rats, in terrific shape and they knew about nutrition, and I didn't want to run circles around them. I wanted to keep up with them, but I didn't want to be an authoritative figure and try to give them orders of any kind. They would have evicted me. But initially adjusting to the age of the House was tough, but I did it and I felt comfortable with it. 

Did you play the game as you hoped, going in?
I played the game exactly as I wanted to play it, but here I am evicted, so what went wrong? 

Do you have any regrets? 
I don't have any regrets about the alliances I was in. I think had I won HoH last week that my alliance with Erika would have gone really far toward the finals. I don't have any regrets in that way. My strategy from the very beginning was to lie low, not try to be a target, not to win a lot of competitions early, because those people get voted off. That happened in this House. I wanted to be perceived as the kind of person who could help you get to the finals, but who could be in the finals. That was my strategy. 

Which HouseGuest was the biggest threat to you?
Justin. Justin to me is the most effective, skilled player ever to play the BIG BROTHER game, and I knew from the second or third day that I had to take him out. I tried for six weeks, and Erika and Jun finally did it. 

What personality trait is most important to have in the BIG BROTHER House?
I think to get along well with a variety of personalities. That's what you need to do--you need to chill out and mellow, which some of us didn't do, and not make a fuss. You need to be in an alliance, but you don't need to be in people's faces. I treated everyone with courtesy, I liked everyone, I was friendly, I talked to the other alliances a lot. I didn't just seclude myself with the people I was aligned with. I liked all of them. 

What was your favorite moment in the BIG BROTHER House?
My favorite moment was when I made a fool out of myself as a strawberry. I thoroughly enjoyed that because I knew how silly I looked, so I was shaking my butt around, and dancing. I got into some cereal, and Erika poured milk all over me! That's a great deal, isn't it? [laughs] 

Who would you like to see win and why?
I would like to see Erika win. I have great respect for her, she's a savvy, sophisticated, intelligent, witty, glamorous woman. She was wonderful to talk to; she was like another daughter to me. We were very close in our alliances, and worked very smoothly and coherently together. I would love to see her win. 

Who do you think will win?
I think Erika has a good shot at it. I think Jee, if Jee can survive this week after the food mess. We all felt Jee would be unbeatable in the finals because he's such a sympathetic, honorable guy. But I would like to see Erika and Jun in the finals. 

What will you miss most about being in the House?
I will miss talking to Erika, I'm very fond of her, I'm very close to her. I hope that I can maintain our friendship and she can visit Alabama, and I hope to visit her in California. I had a great respect for the way she played the game, we helped each other a lot, and I'll miss her. 

What advice would you give to future BIG BROTHER HouseGuests?
Be prepared for anything. They will absolutely fool you and surprise you. Don't think you know what's going to happen tomorrow in the BIG BROTHER House because you will be wrong. 

What are your plans after the show?
I'm going to return to Birmingham, Alabama, be with my family, who I miss very much, and resume my writing career. I retired from the FBI so I could write, and I want to go back home and write. 

1 comment:

  1. I Love The Way That Jack used his FBI experince to get as far as he did in BB

    ReplyDelete